I'm on Pinterest

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Daisy Mae

The second layout I worked on for February is of our little dog Daisy Mae. Now, you have to understand… she is one spoiled dog so I tend to take tons of pics of her. These were taken before the rusty eye look was taken care of using Angel Eyes. She loves Bully Bones and for her birthday she got a bunch of them. She also got some stuffed toys. We over spoil this dog and have paid for it as she is thinks she is Queen of the house now.

Page 1 of the layout is of Daisy sitting under a stool my Grandmother gave me. She thinks of it as her dog house and tends to hide her bones and toys under it. The second pic is of her indicating she does not want me taking any more pics of her and just wants to sleep. Good thing I can’t understand her growl that she does every time I get the camera out. I do think she is swearing at me in her own language. The second page is pics of Daisy and my hubby with her Bully bone.

I used paper that I bought at JoAnn’s and my Pazzles to create the cut files. The concept of the Daisy Dog came from one of Arts 4 Crafts files... http://www.art4crafts.com/. I did ask permission to use her files to create paper piecing and she said OK. I drew the design as vector pieces in Paint Shop Pro and altered to look like a Bichon. I then chalked the dog cuts. The font used was Impressed BT Regular.

Here is a close up of the dog cut.

Here is a pic of the second page of the layout.

Here is a close up of the pieced dog cut file.

5 comments:

Susie said...

This is so adorable.

eunice said...

Oh Bren, this is so ADORABLE! We have a furbaby who is a Maltese, but your cute paper piecing kind of looks like her too! Maybe I'll try to do this with Design Studio one day....

Bevb said...

Such an amazing lo. I love how you have done the puppy.

Cat said...

This is so cute! My pup is super spoiled also and I also take a ton of pictures of her even though most of the time she refuses to look at the camera. Both your pup and the piecing are adorable.

MaryNSC said...

OOO Precious just Precious.. I will have to send to my friend she has one too a little white one...