I'm on Pinterest

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Calendar for 2009...

I hope everyone had great Holidays and that 2009 is wonderful for you.

Well... this Holiday Season was a bit hard for me due to losing my daddy in September. I lost my mom 8 years ago and still miss her terribly. When daddy died, the sadness was overwhelming that both were gone. When I am sad, I become very quiet and so I have not posted for awhile or chatted on any boards much. With the help of God, family and friends I have gotten through this and hope to be scrappin' my heart out soon.

I did design and create a CD calendar for my daughter for a gift. It was fun doing this and I am happy that it turned out so well. I was going to do the entire calendar on my Cricut, but it broke (got a replacement last week). The month of May was done using the Cricut and the rest were designed by me using my Pazzles. Below are pictures of the calendar.


Here are pictures of how the CD calendar goes together. You take the top and bottom of the CD case apart, flip the top over and put back together. This allows the CD case to stand on it's own. My little Daisy (dog) just has to be a part of everything I do so she ended up in the picture too.


And here is a closeup of the one I found the hardest to design and yet turned out to be my favorite.


12 comments:

JoyceW said...

This is so neat. You did a wonderful job and Im sure she will love it.

Tanya Howe said...

Hi Bren,
I lost my father on September 18 this year and lost my mother in June of 2000. Although I just visited your site for the 1st time today, the similarities with our parents passing away at the same time just surprised me. I too am having a very hard time with Christmas this year. I hope 2009 will be a better year for us both.
Love you calendars. I will visiting again soon for some great inpiration. Thank you.
Tanya Howe In Indiana
teamhowe@comcast.net

sarahwms said...

BEAUTIFUL JOB! I'm so sorry on the loss of your dad. I lost mine in 2000 and sometimes it feels like yesterday. I hope you found peace in your memories!

Tonya said...

Such great works! Love your ideas for each month.

mickeydee said...

I love each and every month. You did a wonderful job on all of these. I got as far as December and didn't get any more done....guess it is only good for a few more days and then I better get busy on the rest. You have inspired me to work on January! I lost both of my parents too, and miss them both terribly.

Mary Jean said...

wonderful calender! I'm sure she loved it!

I,m so sorry about your dad. I lost mine on Nov 11th... this year the holidays are so hard. It's just hard to keep that holiday spirit up right now.

Jill said...

Brens! Thought you had been awfully quiet on the boards. I've missed you.
I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. Dad's are certainly special to their little girls. I lost mine in 86 and it seems like only yesterday. I still miss him so much.
Your calendar is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure your daughter was thrilled to receive it.
Jill

ashjoy said...

You have a wonderful calender.

Happy New Year!

Tam said...

Bren I love these calendar inserts they are so cute. I need to do this for my daughter for her office desk. Was it hard to do.
Thank you Love and wishing you the best.

eunice said...

OMG,Bren this is just AWESOME!What a beautiful gift this would be for someone special. Thank you for sharing.

AMKs_mom said...

Beautiful calendar!! I love it.

ksqueenb said...

What a great job you did on the calendar. It is so cute and I love the fall page. Glad to hear you've got your bug back.
Lisa