I'm on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Winter Beauty Layout

My sweet husband bought me a great digital SLR camera for Christmas Year before last and I finally have decided I need to learn to use the zoom lenz that he got with it. It is so much easier to pick up the point and shoot camera and I really need to start using the new one. I love birds and I took a bunch of pictures that I thought looked great against the snowy background. I especially love picture of the cardinal looking like he is taking a snow bath. I used 50 States to do all of the birds. The Woodpecker one is actually altered a bit as I could not find a woodpecker on any of the carts I have. There are a ton of Cardinals (didn't know that many states have Cardinal as their State bird) and I used them all. I used a black marker to make some of the details on the cuts. I used the Songbird cartridge for the title. It did not turn out as well as I was hoping for... but, I like it enough.



5 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Bren! This LO is just beautiful!!! The birds almost look real! You may not think so, but it came out fabulous! Can't tell you altered anything either. I just love your talent and I just love you!!!

I'll be seeing you!

P.S. Almost forgot, thanks for your kind comment on my "Kisses" Box on the mb. You are a sweetie!

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Everything about this is just so gorgeous!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren! Had to drop back in to congratulate you on winning Barb's (Snowmanlover's) blog candy!!! I am so excited for you! I know you'll have great fun!!!

Cindy said...

Hello. I think this LO is just stunning. I have a little something for you over on my blog. A little something to say thank you for sharing your creativity with everyone.

http://cpmemories.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Enfys said...

Wow Bren, this is fantastic, not just the photos, but the birds are wonderful, love it all
hugs
En xx