I'm on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easel Card with Cut File

I decided to create a cut file for the Easel Card I created for my hubby and in the process made three different sizes. I created in Design Studio for both George and Plantin Schoolbook. There are little slots that will assist you in figuring out where to score your easel card. There are three sizes of each card… 4 x 8, 5 x 8 and 11 x 4.25 and all were made to fit in an A2 envelope (4 3/8 x 5.75).

Here is a picture of the card I made for my hubby that you can use as an example. I used Sweethearts for the cuts and Design Studio to create the card and cut files.

Here is a picture of the cut file for the card and where to score. I’m using the 4 x 8” cuts in the examples below.


Once the card is cut, scored and folded it will look like this…



After the card is cut – cut the pieces that will be glued to the card. They will be glued as the picture below shows.

This is how the card will look with the cut files glued in place...



Here is how the card will look if you have George and do the extra cuts included in the cut file.



Here is the cut file using both George and Plantin Schoolbook

http://www.mediafire.com/?1yy0wezqdoy
I also created a PDF file that you can download as instructions
http://www.mediafire.com/?m5mwtzdm1wj

9 comments:

GrammaP said...

There is an award for you on my blog--please stop by and pick it up! Thanks for all your inspiration.
Sheila aka GrammaP

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, my dear Bren!!! Thanks so much for your visit today and for your concern. You are a real sweetie!

Thanks, too for the tutorial on this card -- I haven't made one like this before and I'm going to give it a try!

Hugs back to you!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [08 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Debbie said...

The detail in this card is amazing! Very creative.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Apr. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

Cindy McVey said...

Brenda, I have added you to my "Crafting Queens" page! Please stop by to see your listing. Just scroll down until you see the Crafting Queens award on the right and click to go to the page.

crazy4crafting.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren. Just dropped in to say "hello". Hope all's well!

Diana said...

Thanks for the picture instructions...They always make it easier for me to understand. LOL...Gonna try this for my Sisters birthday.

Candy said...

Thank you for your hard work and info I would like to try the easel card. I'm not really sure that I have a purpose in mind but I'm sure something will come to mind soon. thank you again.