I'm on Pinterest

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Friends For Life...

This is the second 2 page layout that I have finished regarding my Granddaughter's trip to the Dominican Republic for her Senior Trip. Geez! When I graduated... back in the "old days" our senior trip was to downtown Kalamazoo... which we lived five miles away from. My daughter's Senior trip was to Grand Rapids which is only 50 miles away. Wow! Sure nothing like the senior trips they do now! This was an experience the kids will remember forever (as well as the parents).

I used my pazzles and created the cuts from clipart found on a coloring book site online. If you are interested in one of the best coloring books sites out there, check this one out... http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/. They have just about every character I have ever seen as coloring pages. I cleaned the pages up using Paint Shop Pro and then traced them with my pazzles software.

I am not sure what the name of the paper is that I used for the background. It is some that I have had around forever and did not have the maker's name on it. I had a ton of fun making these cuts. I used Co-erdination paper for the Title and DCWV Adhesive solid stack for all of the cuts. The Title was done using the A & S Rister font.







10 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Bren, these are too adorable! Yes, things certainly have changed over the years from when we went to school!!!

goatesgirl said...

wow, they are like grown up paper dolls...so cute

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Oh my gosh those are so cute! Hope you are doing well!!

DtsArt said...

Oh what a great layout. You did a great job cleaning up the cuts. I love paint shop pro too.Such a great program

Cricut Green with Envi said...

these are great, do you have a tutorial for these!!

tfs

Fern said...

How cute!!!! I luv it!!!

ajandfour said...

Is there a tutorial some where on how to clean these up and convert them for the Pazzle?

Brens Designs said...

For those that asked if there is a tutorial about how to clean images, please take a minute and visit Klo's site. She is the Pazzles Queen and has lots of tuts as to how to do this stuff. Here is her blog address: http://scrappingklo.blogspot.com/

mississchic said...

What's the color of the cardstock you use for your flesh tone? I can't find any good flesh tones. What brands of cardstocks do you use in your Pazzles and Cricut? I heard Coordinations cuts beautifully. Any problems with DCWV ever? Recollections sometimes for me doesn't want to cooperate. It maybe cheap quality, not sure. I'm looking for better quality cardstocks. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. mississchic @ yahoo dotcom

Brens Designs said...

mississchic... The paper I use for flesh tone in this layout was the DCWV Adhesive stack. I purchased it on QVC a couple of years ago. I also really like Coordination paper from JoAnn's