I'm on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Erica's Graduation Centerpiece

I have been so busy with life that I have not been able to post in awhile. I am happy to tell you that I am now the owner of a Gypsy. Yippeeeeee!!! Now I just have to find time to learn how to use it.

For those that have asked... My hubby is doing great. He has a 20 lb weight limit for the rest of his life; but, that is small compared to what could have been. We have been so blessed and I thank God for every second I have with the grouch. hehe!!!

Our granddaughter, Erica, graduated from High School last week with honors and we are so proud of her. I have been working hard to make centerpieces for the tables at her grad party. I used various Cricut cartridges to make the flowers and butterflies. I used my pazzles to design and cut the words, cap and gown, golf bag and golf flag. It was fun making these... there are six in all. I added pictures of Erica throughout her school years to cover the plastic cups that I used. I used skewers from the houseware department at Meijer as they were only 200 for 1.99 and dowels cost a ton more. The skewers have a pointed end which also helped in placing the pieces in the foam. I used pipe cleaners for the butterflies and some of the words to make them move a bit. The GLHS is for Gull Lake High School that she graduated from and the WMU is for Western Michigan University where she is going in the fall.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Blessings to you all!!! Thanks for looking!




13 comments:

Scrap-Stitcher said...

I LOVE your centerpiece! You did a great job and are so very creative ;) Especially like the golf ones.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren! Glad to hear some good news!!! And, glad to know things are improving -- I told you that would, didn't I?!!! LOL!!!

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her graduation, and that centerpiece is just absolutely awesome!!! You did a fantastic job!

Hugs to you!!!

Lori Apgar said...

Great centerpiece!! Congrats on your new Family Member (gypsy)! Go check out www.thebugbytes.com for some great beginning videos!

Diana said...

Brenda- Those are so great!!! Lots of work put into those. She is a lucky girl to have you as a grandma.
Great to hear your DH is doing well. Just thought I'd drop a note and say "HI".

PB + J Designs said...

They look great I'm sure she will love them!!!!

Cin said...

Hey Bren,,, This is just so Cute, I am sure she loved it... What a great memory for her too...

BeeBeebabs said...

Very nice centerpiece tfs

Saints Rule! said...

Looks like you are making great use of that Gypsy! Love, love the centerpiece! So creative!

paperANDi said...

That is way awesome!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren!!! Thanks so much for visiting and leaving love on my blog!!! I hope all is going well; I think of you often and have missed you!!!

You and your family have been in my constant thoughts and prayers, and I know all prayers are answered!!!

Hugs!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Brenda! Miss you! Just dropping in to say hello and I hope all's well!

Enfys said...

This is fantastic Bren, glad your hubby is doing well,
big hugs
En xx

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren. It's been awhile and I just wanted to drop in to say hello. I pray all's well!

Hugs!