I'm on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gatefold Card

I have created a Gatefold Card for the Cricut Circle Friday challenge in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  It was an emotional card for me to do at this point as I am still waiting for results of an MRI that I had last Friday regarding a lump on my breast. Hopefully, after two mammograms, an Ultra Sound and this MRI they will figure out how to get rid of this. The support and friendship of the members of the Cricut Circle and my special Purple Palace friends has been amazing. I so appreciate all of the prayers and thoughts that have came to me. I have felt surrounded by warmth from them and my family and friends during this fearful time.  The wait SUCKS!  I find my emotions go from positive to negative in a heartbeat.  Hopefully, the results will be known today and I can get on with whatever needs to be done to fix this.

Anyway... on a more positive note... If anyone would like the cut file for the Gatefold card, please go here: http://www.brensdesigns.com/2010/05/mothers-day-card-with-cut-file.html

I used George to cut the card, Home Accents and Home Decor cartridges. The Butterflies were in a kit I purchased and I used a pencil to curl the wings and a bit of glitter to add some bling and kept the flourish on the words due to the requirements of the challenge. 


8 comments:

Toni said...

This is beautiful! I pray that you are going to recieve good news regarding your tests.

Audrey Frelx said...

Bren, this card is amazing!!!

I hope your wait won't be too much longer and I will pray they WILL get to the cause and get it removed.

I am so sorry you are going through this and I can understand how this card was difficult to do.

Wendy Raffin said...

Nice card Brenda! TY for the cut file. Lots of prayers for you. I am also in Mi, and my daughter is in "the Zoo". Small world. God Bless

moknowsall said...

Praying for your successful surgery. May Got be With You all The Way Through.

Maureen

Marian Gr said...

Bren,

Your card is so Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

I want you to know that I am praying for you with your upcoming surgery. I pray that the Lord surrounds you with His Peace, Love and Presence.

I am also praying for your husband and family.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing as you are able to.

God Bless you,
Marian Gr
meg_ps6819(at)yahoo(dot)com

Nadia's World said...

This card is soooo beautiful! My prayers are with you and your family. May you have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!!!

Nicole
niclax13@gmail.com

MICKEY said...

Brenda your card is beautiful. I do not know you but Almighty God knows you and loves you. I pray for healing, peace and comfort.

May the God of peace surround you and your family with love. I will keep you in my prayers.

Have Faith.
Mickey

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you, Bren! I'm so sorry you're having to go thru this. I love your card...TFS!

Carol
aka cyimbugbitten