I'm on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How do you say...

Thank you to so many wonderful people who are sending up prayers?

I read the comments on Robyn and Tammy's blogs last night and spent so much time in tears of gratitude that I couldn't even post. I decided to post my thanks here as I would love someone who does not have an expression to win their contests and didn't want to be entered so didn't post there. The posts were all so positive and heartwarming.

As I read some of them to my hubby, he got choked up too.  It still amazes him to think about all of the beautiful cards and prayers we received when he was going through the battle for his life last year. We have all of the cards in a beautiful box and still pull them out and read them sometimes.

We were at the hospital 5 hours yesterday and I went through a battery of tests. The worst one was the full body bone scan.  I had to stay still for 25 minutes (crafters DON'T stay still) and wouldn't you know it, my nose started itching.  I began talking to God and it ended up OK.  I sure only wanted to do that test once!!!
I go to see my surgeon tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. and pray that the results were good. 

Please take a minute and say a prayer for Monique Griffith.  She is enduring yet another surgery this week in her fight of this disease.   I pray this will result in her being a complete winner of this battle. I love her spirit and she WILL beat this and I will too.  This disease messed wtih two very stubborn woman who do not like to lose!  GO MONIQUE - YOU WILL BEAT THIS!!!  LOVE YOU GIRL!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

You are the best Brenda....

Lesley from WI said...

Bless you and your hubby and stay strong!
Hugs,
Lesley

Treva said...

Be strong Brenda.

Audrey Frelx said...

Bren, you have the right attitude! And, I love your spirit!!! As always, continued prayers to you, your family, and new prayers going up for Monique!!!

Hugs!!!

misteejay said...

Prayers & thoughts for all who are going through this sort of thing at the moment.

Toni

Scrappy Mel said...

Sending you lots of prayers! Bless you and your family! :)

Margaret said...

Brenda,

I found out about your 'cross to bear' on the Cricut MB when I read your post.

Please stay positive and strong (& your DH, too).

MANY of us are praying for you! and you are on our minds!

HUGS & BLESSINGS and POSITIVE thoughts,

Margaret

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Bren, I just read about you on facebook and am so terribly sorry. I asked my readers on my fb page and on my su fan fb page to please think of you and Monique as you go through your surgeries. I had no idea and am so sorry. I know you are a strong woman and can beat this!
All my love, Barb

Margaret said...

.

Jen said...

I know you don't know me,but my name is Jen and I found you from Robyn's site. I'm praying for you and know you can beat this!!! My Mom found out when she was 69 and has been cancer free now for 2 years....thank God for that. I would love to win that Pink expression and give it to her! She has the baby one. :)
I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and if you ever just want a friend stop by my blog and I would love to chat. My blog is jennyscards.blogspot.com and my email is jenniferhogge07@yahoo.com

Hugs to you and your hubby, jen

Angie Smith said...

Brenda, I can only imagine what you have been through. I found a lump on my breast a couple of months ago. It was fiberous but hasn't grown....Praise the Lord. But you should never give up because the good Lord doesn't want you to. The more you pray and talk to him, you will forever be on His mind. we, as pray warriors, will continue to keep you in our prayers so that He will constantly keep you in His care.

angie
overtherainbeaux@yahoo.com

Lori Apgar said...

Brenda ~ I don't really care if I win an expression or anything....I just hope you know how many people and cyber friends are pulling for you!! What you and your husband are going through right now is just awful!!! I can't imagine how you two are feeling....scared, upset, sad, numb ~ and then to read you are thinking about Monique and her surgery. You are incredible and have a great attitude which will help you kick cancer's butt!!!!

Janell said...

Have been following your story. Prayers to you!

Janell

Saints Rule! said...

Praying for you Bren. I know that if anyone can beat this, you can! Thinking of your entire family. Stay strong!

Cindy said...

Sending Prayers your way! God Bless you and your family as you fight this.

Dee Troche said...

Praying for you in this storm! May the peace that surpasses all understanding cover you and His healing hands touch you.

Dorcas
Miami, FL