I'm on Pinterest

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Test Results so Far...

We just returned from the Surgeon. All of the scans and tests show that the cancer has not spread. I do have the most aggressive type of cancer and thank God we have caught it early. I kinda figured that last Friday when the surgeon personally called and set it up for this week. He is even coming in on his day off tomorrow to do the surgery.

He is going to remove both breasts tomorrow and two of the lymph nodes for the left one... if they are clear, I will be cancer free at that moment. If there is cancer, he will continue taking out the lymph nodes if needed, until they show as cancer free. Hopefully, it will not end up being in them all as it could effect my left arm usage if they all have to be removed. I will then be a patient at the West Michigan Cancer Center and will go from there. He said due to the aggressive type of cancer that they may opt for some minor chemo to make sure all cells remaining are dead. I just am so grateful for the positive results so far and pray they continue. Your prayers have helped so much as that is where the true power lies.


Today, please join me in praying especially hard for Monique to come through her surgery and that the results are good for her.

14 comments:

just2ducky said...

Praying for you both. You're both amazing and talented women - its a true horror that no one should have to endure. Hope the recovery is quick. Again, thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!

Jeanette T. said...

I am so happy that your news is good. I will keep you in my prayers and wish you nothing but the best. I'll be thinking of you.

Melissa said...

Brenda, I have been thinking of you and Monique more than usual this week. That's great news that they don't think the cancer has spread. Best of luck tomorrow with the surgery. I will continue to send up HUGE prayers!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you much, Bren, for sharing this happy news!!! I was hoping to hear something, so I kept checking to see! My prayers and thoughts are continuous, my friend!

Wife2TJ said...

I'm so glad that the cancer hasn't spread and will be sending you lots of thoughts and prayers for your surgery. Hope everything goes wonderful. Your a very strong person! ((((HUGS)))) -Sam

Ladybug said...

OMG, Brenda, I had no idea you were going thru all of this. I am so sorry. I will send prayers up for both you and Monique.

hgregory8558 said...

This is great news for such a terrible situation! I pray that all goes well. IT seems as if one door is being slammed in your face another door is opened! Our God is an Amazing God!! My prayers are with you and your family!!

www.onecraftyyeoman.blogspot.com

Lesley from WI said...

Wonderful news for you and my thoughts and prayers continue for you and Monique.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Praying for you both!

Saints Rule! said...

This is such good news! I will continue to lift both you and Monique up. Praying for peace and strength as you go through this and guidance for your medical team. Know the Great Physician will be right there with you!

Paula said...

Praying for you and Monique, and all the beautiful women fighting this disease. I have been thinking about you all so much. My sister went though it all last year (mastectomy, chemo and reconstruction). I am so glad to hear of your good news. God bless you Brenda.

Debby said...

Praying for you both that surgery goes well for both and you both end up cancer free. Keep the faith and it will lead you to a healthy life again.
angel hugs
Debby

Nanna said...

I will be praying for you and your family. Hoping the best outcome for you. Was glad to read this morning that Monique came thru her surgey fine.
May God bless you both.

Jen said...

Praying for you both. I will be thinking of you.
hugs to you,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com