I'm on Pinterest

Friday, October 29, 2010

Today is the day...

I have had so many emotions going on in my head this morning it is unreal.  I'm having a bit of separation anxiety due to the "girls" leaving home.  I know this has to be; but, man it is a tough thing to accept sometimes. This week has went by so quickly that everything seems like a blur. I go to the hospital at 12:30 p.m., surgery is at 2:30 p.m. and should be done at 4:30 or so.  My hubby and daughter will be there and Tammy will be sending an update to someone who will update the Cricut Boards.  She does not blog so not sure she will be able to update here today.  I will try and get this updated as soon as I can.

A friend sent me the following words yesterday and another has offered to make me some cuts from the Pink Journey cart and I'm going to put it in a frame as a reminder of the strength that you all have given me.

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

The way I figure it, Cancer is not good for much of anything so I am best to just get rid of it.  Before I start getting around here to get ready to go, I wanted to stop in and thank you all so much for the prayers and uplifting messages and converstations.  They have meant a lot to me.  Today the tears have came full force and have gone as quickly as they came. My faith and prayers are consistent and true. This will be over soon and I'll be back on here posting and creating as soon as I possibly can.  I will be thinking of all of the wonderful hugs I have received from far and wide today and those thoughts and the love of my family and friends will get me through this.

Oh Yeah... What are they thinking making me go without coffee for so long... ewwwww!  It ain't gonna be pretty!  First thing I'm asking for when I'm done with surgery - is COFFEE!!!!

Keep Smiling!!! Love you all - HUGS

17 comments:

Diana Joy said...

My prayer for you today is that the surgeons hands be accurate and swift and the medical team be so well trained that you are safe. Hugs.

Sandy Reeves said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keeping a positive attitude will help get you through the dark times. I am a 6-year survivor, and life is great now.

Lesley from WI said...

I will be thinking about you all day and my prayers and hugs are with you!
Lesley

Jen said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you..
Big hugs to you,
jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Nana Donna said...

My prayers are with you gal..................Now go in there and fight like a girl and give them everything you got!
Hugs
Nana Donna

Tanya said...

Bren...keeping you in thoughts and prayers. So thankful that this huge part of your battle is almost behind you. I am picturing you now...sitting in your hospital bed with one of those "lovely" hospital gowns on and a huge cup of steaming hot coffee in your hand as you think about what your next crafting project will be!

Lilygirl said...

Bren sending you ((((Hugs))))) and keeping you in my thoughts today. You are one of my favorite people on the message boards. I know God will help you fight hard and heal well!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

My prayers are with you! I want to give you hope in a couple of facts. My mother is a survivor over 20 years now, a cousin 10 years and my grandmother lived over 30 years after her surgery and died of old age. None of their cancers returned and they all had masectomies. Life went on and I really think they cherish each moment more. Yes their is hope and there is life and there is joy and healing. I hope this encourages you as your body is now entering the healing stage. You are a BEAUTIFUL woman and thank you for sharing your journey.

Melissa said...

Hopefully you are in recovery by now Brenda. You've been on my mind all day long.

Carol said...

Thinking about you and praying for you!

Anne said...

Brenda, warrior woman with a heart of gold, you are my beloved friend and hero.

Love you so much,
Anne

Kat said...

Bren, Tammy sent us the good news! Thanks Tammy from the Palace, Circle, and Cricut Member Board for letting us all know Bren made it through and the doctors got it all! Hope you got your coffee Bren! Still thinking of you, Ron, Tammy, and your family. {{{hugs}}}

Cyndi S. said...

Wishing you well!! You are in my prayers.

Cyndi S. said...

Wishing you well! And you are in my prayers.

Audrey Frelx said...

My prayers are with you, Bren!!! The poem your friend sent is lovely!

Hugs!!!

Lisa said...

Today is Saturday! The new you with no cancer! Thank You God for Brenda, thank You for a long life filled with joy for our dear friend!

MicheleV said...

Brenda ~ thinking of you & wishing you a speedy recovery!
Hope you have a cup of coffee in each hand real soon ~Take Care & hugs to you!