I'm on Pinterest

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vintage Card

I have to go for my PET Scan tomorrow and am pretty nervous about that.  I do not do small spaces well!!! In order to keep myself busy today while hubby was watching the Nascar race, I decided to try and do the Cricut Circle Challege and make a birthday card for my sweet aunt Jewel in Ohio who turns 80 Saturday. She is an avid quilter and sewer, and loves Dogwood trees, therefore the card was made with that in mind.

The challenge this week for the Cricut Circle Blog was to create a card using three vintage elements and a sketch submitted by Jane Eubank.  I do not do well with Vintage cardmaking or layouts.  I tend to create more clean, crisp, and simple lines.  I love the looks of other's vintage items and think my talent is just not in this area.  On the inside of the card is her name, 80 and Happy Birthday cut with Nifty Fifties font.

I used George (Shape for card), Nifty Fifties (Sewing Machine), Simply Charmed (Quilting Items) and Sentimentals (Scissors) for the cuts. The Rosette was done using my Pazzles Machine and the Dogwood flowers are Jolees. The papers were scraps that I have had and I am determined to use my scarps up if possible.

12 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Bren, your card is lovely and I know you aunt will just love it, and so will the Cricut Circle Challenge. Good luck!

You'll be just fine for your scan tomorrow -- you've weather a lot worse, and you're a champ in my book. Besides, you have God right there by your side to keep you the best company you can have!!!

Hugs!

Brens Designs said...

Thanks Audrey! Your encouragement means a lot to me. Yup - God will be carrying me through this little bump in the road too!!!

Anonymous said...

Cuddle up and know you are in God's hands.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Brenda, this is a great card! Your aunt will just love it! That flower is totally awesome and so are those Cricut cuts. You'll do fine tomorrow! But I will be praying for ya anyway!

Tanya said...

Bren that is a beautiful card! Pray that all goes well with your scan tomorrow...just close your eyes and picture your next crafting project...put it together in your head, and the scan will be over with before you know it!

Nana Donna said...

Fabulous card Bren, love all the details I am sure your Aunt will love it. Good Luck tomorrow

Marian Gr said...

Your card is beautiful! Your Aunt is going to love it! Thank you for sharing!

You are not alone. The Lord is ever present. I will be praying for you tomorrow.

A splash here and there said...

Bren, love this card!

Hope everything went well in your appointment today. Sending you virtual hugs! Hang in there.

:)Melody aka Ry&MysMom

JaniceA said...

Bren, Your card is beautiful, I love all the details. God be with you, you are in all our prayers.

Tanya said...

Hey Bren! As you know, I love your work and love to visit your blog. I just nominated your blog for the Stylish Blogger Award! To accept, please stop by my blog and follow the posted instructions!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

You have been given an award! Please go to my blog to accept the award! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Carolyn/MamaC said...

As usual...you have a beautiful card! So much love in such a small space!