I'm on Pinterest

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birthday Card for My Aunt

This card took me 5 hours to make.  I kept starting over - and over - and over and it never turned out the way I hoped it would.  I finally ended up using items I have purchased and tried to use colors she loves.  The title was cut using Elegant Cakes cartridge and the background was cut using the Just Because cartridge. Seems like today for some reason the harder I tried, the harder it became.  Ever have one of those crafting days?  Geez! I so hope she likes it.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

It is gorgeous Brenda!!!

Toni said...

Love it! There's so much to look at but it's not one of those one's thats a little too busy... beautiful! :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Bren, you're aunt will just love it! It's beautiful!

misteejay said...

It was probably very frustrating whilst you were trying to make this - awful when things don't go how you want; isn't it. However, I don't think you need to worry as this card is just lovely and I'm sure your Aunt will adore it.

Toni :o)

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Bren! Wanted to just drop by to wish you a happy Valentine's Day!

Kelly said...

Your 5 hours of work paid off Bren! Your Aunt will love this!

Kelly

Peggy said...

Bren, What a gorgeous card. Your hard work is evident. Good luck with the Circle contest.

Jen said...

Brenda your card is just stunning!!! Fantastic job...just gorgeous. Love it.
hugs,jen

Tanya said...

Oh...I have days like that all the time! Your end result is just stunning! Love this card, and I have a blog award for you at my blog. I hope you will come by and pick it up!
Tanya - nonnascraftcorner