I'm on Pinterest

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine Cards 2011

I made a few Valentine cards and wanted to share with you all.  I have so enjoyed crafting again and it was so much fun doing this card.  The easel card ended up being 6 x 8 inches.

I also learned a bit more about some of the stuff that goes with Breast Cancer removal while making this card.  I got a small paper cut in my left arm which is where they removed some of my lymph nodes.  My under arm area ended up swelling a bit from that.  I will now certainly remember to take the advice they gave me to be careful with my left arm and hand seriously when scrapping.  Who would have thought something so minor would make a difference.  Over time this may not even happen, but as I am still healing I will listen.  I have a cute little bracelet (NOT) that I wear now that has a medical emblem on it and says No Pin Pricks or PB - Left Arm. How is that for some fancy jewelry!!! 

O-well, when I think of how it could have ended up... I am totally Blessed and thank God every second of every day.  These little bumps in the road certainly make us stronger and maybe even a bit wiser.

Anyway... Here is the Valentine Card I came up with.


Solid and Patterned Paper - The Paper Company
Hearts - American Crafts Christmas Foil Paper
Cartridges used -
  Easel Card - George
  Hearts - George
  Bicycle - Heritage




11 comments:

Brenda said...

ohhh Brenda be careful....love your cards!!!
hugs
Brenda

Toni said...

Oh gosh, yes be careful. Your card is very nice... love that you used a bicycle, not typical for a velentine. Nice to see something different.

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

Very nice card. Great idea using the bicycle. Glad you are on your way to complete recovery.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

Sheena said...

Great Valentine's Day cards!! :) Sending lots of hugs your way.

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Bren, I am so happy you're enjoying doing some crafting, and I love seeing you post. But, please be so very careful!!!

Your card is beautiful!

Hugs!

misteejay said...

Take care...

The card is lovely.

Toni :o)

Sonya said...

Love it. I'm a sucker for anything with a bike on it!!!

Libby Beach said...

Brenda this card is just perfect!! I love it! :) But please be careful up there!!

Trixi said...

I love this card, Valentines day is so fun! I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time reading your blog. Thanks for sharing it. :)

"Um Buggin" said...

Hello Brenda,
Bren, it is so good to see you crafting again. Please take care of yourself, and be careful. Love your card design and the colors are fabulous. Don't forget to drop by and say hello my friend.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Peggy said...

Brenda, love your cards. Please be careful and take care of yourself.